Enterprise Application Hosting Services
Traditionally, businesses have had to build and maintain infrastructure to
run on-premises applications. With the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model,
businesses can consume applications that are hosted online, enabling them to
lower their costs by paying only for what they use, enjoy seamless and painless
upgrades in functionality, and integrate easily with their existing data and
Application providers who are building SaaS-based applications quickly learn that owning and operating the infrastructure on which these solutions are hosted can be expensive and complex, especially when customer demand is uncertain.
Whether you are an enterprise looking for a cloud environment in which to deploy your existing on-premises solutions, or an application vendor evaluating a cloud platform on which to deploy a new application or SaaS offering, you should consider the following questions:
- Can I use the programming language and application platform of my choice?
- Can I use the operating system and environment on which my existing applications are already deployed?
- What commitments or contracts will my cloud provider require? Will I have to make an up-front investment?
- How quickly can I respond to spikes and lulls in demand from my customers or application computing loads?
- Does my cloud provider have experience in maintaining a global, redundant, and resilient infrastructure?
- What security considerations has my cloud provider addressed?